Finding your story
Story Medicine is an ancient indigenous healing modality blending ritual with the written word. Medicine begins with words in Indigenous cultures. Myth and legend heal because they remind us of balance and right relationship.
In Western culture, we are disconnected from our ancestral stories and from the value of our individual story. To reclaim our story is to reclaim the lost self. This is what makes Story Medicine so transformational.
Story Medicine utilizes...
1. An indigenous frame of reference,
2. The power of words,
3. The sacredness of story,
4. Memory as raw material and community resource,
5. Heart-centered language for what has happened to us,
6. Healing community as we learn and heal together, and
7. New self-care skills necessary for working with this modality.