Our Work Is....
Story Medicine Is …
An Indigenous healing modality blending ritual with the written word. Medicine begins with words in Indigenous cultures. Myth and legend heal because they remind us of balance and right relationship.
In Western culture, we are disconnected from our ancestral stories, and from the value of our individual story. To reclaim our story is to reclaim the lost self. This is what makes Story Medicine so transformational.
Click to donate to Story Medicine.
Story Medicine Utilizes …
- An Indigenous frame of reference
- The power of words
- The sacredness of story
- Memory as raw material and community resource
- Heart-centered language for what has happened to us
- Community learning and healing
- New self-care skills necessary to work with this modality
These symbols of the Ashanti in Ghana are timeless and still used today. The name “Adinkra” can probably be traced back to the word “Dinkra” of the Akan/Twi Language spoken by the Ashanti. “Dinkra” means: being separated, taking leave, saying farewell.
go back and get it
endurance & resourcefulness
patience and tolerance