A Five-Week class presented by Meta Commerse, MFA,CWP
Meta is a certified wellness practitioner, author, seasoned teacher and healer focused deeply on issues of oppression since the early 1990s. She works with groups and individuals using story medicine in numerous formats. She’s a proud graduate of Goddard College in Vermont where she earned her MFA in fiction writing.
Seven Learning Tools for this Class:
- An indigenous frame of reference,
- The power of words,
- The value and sacredness of story,
- Memory as raw material and community resource,
- Heart-centered language for what has happened to us,
- Creating community study, dialogue, and healing
- New self-care skills necessary for working with this subject.
Classes begin on Wednesday, November 15th and continue each Wednesday through December 13th beginning at 6:00pm and ending at 8:30pm.
Location: Heart House, Flatiron Writers Room, 5 Covington Street, Asheville, NC 28806
To register: Email us at [email protected] or call 828 407-3367.